Big Game was originally a villain character I made for City of Heroes. He basically started out as a former poacher turned bounty hunter assasin who eventually developed into the tigerstripe wearing Joey Tribiani meets MacGyver mercenary rogue known as Big Game. What I loved about Game is was the little guy with the larger than life personality. He just seemed to lend himself to zany adventures, wild comedy, as well as the often stormy romance. When I decided to make the move to CO I just had to bring him with me. So what follows is the Champions Online reality's version of Big Game. Have a read because even if you knew CoX's Big Game for this reality I have made a number of changes.
- Still has a number of connections within the Las Vegas underworld.
- Has a number of friendly and not so friendly connections with numerous inmates at Millenium City's Prison facility where he was previously incarcerated.
- Has a number of connections to various minor occultists, witches, alchemists, and shamans through his monster hunting for profit sideline.
- Forced to remain in contact with PRIMUS as a condition of them arranging Big Game's release from prison.
- Has had a string of romances, and one night stands with a number of women not exclusively including Glitter, Assistant District Attorney Cheryl Lords, etc. His current status with them will very from friendly to them wanting to remove parts of his anatomy with sharp objects.
- Has a grudge against bounty hunter Honey Trap who seduced him into capture leading to prison.
Powers and Abilities
Big Game has no actual super human powers but does possess incredible acrobatic ability, as well as amazing manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
As a high stakes gambler he learnt a lot about card counting, scamming, and feats involving sleight-of-hand.
During his time in Africa Big Game became extremely proficient at firearms, hunting, and survival. While back in the USA he learnt various underworld skills such as lock picking and pick-pocketing whilst running errands for the mob.
Lastly, Big Game has a passing knowledge about various supernatural creatures, monsters, folklore, and religion, albeit mainly from TV and cinema rather than actual study.
Resources and Equipment
- Monetary wealth ranging from having to borrow from beggars to pointless money fights depending on the extent and succes of gambling, womanising, equipment replacement and hospital fees.
- Real flea pit of an apartment in Millenium City.
- Accuracy International PM96 sniper rifle with occular targeting scope.
- Benelli M3 Super 90 pump action shotgun modified with pistol grip.
- Pair of .44 Magnum Colt Anaconda revolvers.
- Various custom ammunitions including everything from hollowpoints, silver bullets, toxic gas round, etc.
- Fragmentation and Incendiary grenades.
- Custom modified PRIMUS blast armour.
- Range finding nightvision targetting monacle.
- Compact rebreather hidden by face scarf.
- Hunting knife strapped to leg under pants.
- Survival kit.
- Various religious talismans covering most major and severval obscure religions hidden under his armoured vest.
- Bottle of holy water.
- Wooden stake.
- Pouch containing surgical tools used for the removal of organs from slain creatures.
- Numerous containers and baggies for storage of harvested componants.
- Battery powered Dustbuster. (For collection of powdered remains, ie Vampire dust etc.)
Easy going, fun loving, incredidbly flirty with females,very non-committal relationship wise, and all-round major show off. Loves to sing, dance, gamble and drink. Prone to bouts of laziness, and selfishness. Big Game often comes across as a overconfident, yet lovable rogue. However despite his rough edges and all too often lapses into his old less virtuous ways he does get a real kick out of helping people, and oftens craves their admiration for a deed well done.
Perhaps the most unusual aspect of his personality is his half-hearted, usually panic driven sense of superstition and religious faith. Most of the time he'd happily state a total disbelief in such things, but in combat he carries a number of talismans and has been known to whip out a crucifix from time to time.
Antonio Fedele started out not as a hero but as a Vegas based high stakes gambler. For years he worked the Vegas casino circuits with various success blowing vast amounts of cash when he had it, and running errands for the mob when he didn't. However things came to a head when the plucky gambler had an amazing streak of luck and he actually managed to break the bank at the Pantheon casino in Las Vegas.
After breaking the bank at Pantheon 'Tony' had more money than he knew what to do with, and despite some incredibly epic spending sprees he found his life incredibly unfulfilling. In the end he started to take up a number of adrenaline pumping extreme activities in the hope of feeding his need for excitement.
During a big game hunting expedition in Africa found the he himself was being hunted by supernatural monsters. After what was a truly arduous heart pounding fight for survival with the monsters, Tony found himself the victor. Unexpectedly he also realised the hunt and being hunted was probably the most awesome rush he'd ever experienced, and decided he'd learn everything he could about big game hunting, especially that of creatures not usual within the animal kingdom. He also soon stumbled onto the fact that local tribesmen made handsome trades for the remains of the creatures he hunted and so started his monster hunter for hire business.
After about a year of hunting creatures in the African wilds he decided to return to the US with the plan of hunting supernatural creatures and selling their carcasses to the USA's various underground occult organizations, witches, and warlocks. Adopting the name Big Game he set about becoming America's premiere monster hunter for hire. However despite all his planning monster hunting for profit wasn't all that easy. More often than not whatever money he'd made went towards equipment costs, gambling debts, or hospital fees. Before long he was forced to diversify into mainstream crime just to support himself.
Big Game was finally started to get on top of things when he got suckered by the pretty face of bounty hunter Honey Trap and found himself banged up in prison.
After several months in prison Big Game didn't look like he was going anywhere, that is until the Qularr invasion. During the invasion PRIMUS found themselves overwhelmed along with the majority of he city's heroes and emergency services. In an act of desperation the Mayor enacted special crisis powers allowing him to pardon criminals in exchange for service to the city. Because of Big Games monster hunting experience and lack of actual superpowers of his own he seemed an ideal candidate to be drafted into the defense of the city. Faced with the prospect of freedom Big Game was easily won over and aquitted himself with distinction during the invasion.
As an unexpected side effect of his service to the City Big Game realised he actually quite enjoyed the admiration he recieved for his heroic deeds and was allowed to continue fighting as one of Millenium City's heroes after the invasion under special licence both from the Mayor, and PRIMUS.
Today Big Game is considered by most to be a bad guy made good, and despite the occassional lapse, seen to be mostly working hard to repay his debt to society.