Thanks for visiting.
I am primarily using this as notes for myself to keep track of things, so please don't walk up and start rattling off things she's never told you IC.
My inspiration for this character comes from a few different places:
- My first character was a Soldier archetype, and while it was fun I found myself wanting a little more survivability... and a self-heal. Badly on the self-heal.
- I'd just finished playing through Metal Gear Solid 4 again, and have a fondness for the FROGS and Beauty and the Beast unit.
- My brother was watching this show called "Deadliest Warrior" on Netflix, the episode involving the Medellin cartel really struck a chord as far as "places that must've been hell to grow up in."
- Kurt Vonnegut's 8 Rules for Writing Fiction 
- In particular, Rule 6: "Be a sadist. Now matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them — in order that the reader may see what they are made of."
- The camo uniform colors (jungle/desert/winter) were based on images from Camopedia of the US woodland/desert patterns (m81, desert storm era camo), and Finnish green dot winter patterns (m05) respectively.
- For casual wear, I wanted something tomboyish and looked to skatepunk a bit, as well as Lisbeth from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Swedish version) for inspiration.
- That being said, her style may evolve over time.
Past all that, I did my best to keep her story factual-ish... all I can say, though... her story pales in comparison to the things I found while doing the research. Genuinely made me ill a few times. Even when doing something innocent like giving her a real name... the rabbit hole goes very deep indeed.