A WORD OF THANKS
This is a heavily modified template of SoupViking's original TechBox (so thank you for designing it!). In it are included a number of details, such as an overhaul of the attributes and benchmarks, color selections and areas for things like mottos and such. Anyone is free to use this template for their characters, but PLEASE do not erase or modify anything within.
HOW TO USE THIS TEMPLATE
- To use the template you must copy the coding and paste it into your PDB page. The template is located near the bottom of this page.
- Any information not answered defaults to 'Confidential' on the template.
A QUICK GUIDE TO THE HTML COLORS
- Header: Changes the color of the letters in the main stat boxes (ie 'Attributes, Affiliations, etc')
- Font One: Changes letter titles such as 'Height', 'Weight', 'Birthdate' and all attribute titles ('COMBAT', 'PSIONICS', etc)
- Font Two: Changes the letter color of personal info you add like the character's name, their team, their hair/ eyes/ weight/ height, etc)
- BG1: Changes the outside border color of the ProtectorsBox
- BG2:Changes the color of the middle border about the ProtectorsBox.
- BG3: Changes the color of the large interior of the ProtectorsBox (color around character name and such)
- Cell1: Changes the border colors of the stat boxes (ie the long rectangle-ish boxes about things like 'Attributes' and 'Affiliations', etc)
- Cell2: Changes the color of every other line within the ProtectorsBox (ie 'Species', 'Place of Birth', etc)
ATTRIBUTES AND BENCHMARKS WITHIN THIS TEMPLATE
ATTRIBUTES AND BENCHMARKS:
All powers and abilities fall between a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being a god-like entity. PLEASE be responsible in the score you select for your respective character as VERY few individuals should have scores of 9 or 10, especially. Those numbers should be intended for individuals with godlike abilities/ powers. Below is a list of the stats and their respective power level.
PLEASE NOTE: The selection for 'Fame' (under 'OTHER TRAITS') should be entered as a number from 1 through 10. It will then record accordingly. Please note below what each level of Fame represents as it has its own particular benchmarks.
This is how physically strong your character is, can be by natural means or aided (such as power armor).
- Poor - Able to press up to 50 lbs.
- Typical - Able to press 100 lbs (standard human).
- Good - Able to bench press unaided up to 400 lbs. This would be those who engage in intensive exercise.
- Excellent - Able to bench press unaided up to 800 lbs. Maximum human strength. Power lifters fall here.
- Remarkable - Able to bench press unaided up to 5 tons.
- Fantastic - Able to press up to 25 tons.
- Incredible - Able to press up to 100 tons.
- Amazing - Able to press up to 500 tons.
- Monstrous - Able to press up to 1000 tons.
- Unearthly - Cosmic level individuals who can move planets through sheer strength.
This rates your character's IQ and overall deductive, logic and reasoning abilities.
- Poor - Below average (human) intellect.
- Typical - Average intelligence. Most regular humans.
- Good - Above average human intelligence and reasoning skills.
- Excellent - Gifted. High level intelligence and reasoning skills.
- Remarkable - Genius level intellect with astute deductive skills who can design and create 'real world' technology.
- Fantastic - Genius level intellect with the ability to create and design slightly advanced tech.
- Incredible - Advanced Genius intellect. Can create and design advanced technology.
- Amazing - Super Genius. Can create and design major advanced technology.
- Monstrous - Your intelligence is enhanced past known limits and can design anything your imagination thinks of.
- Unearthly - Your IQ cannot be ascertained by any means. Omnipotent.
Combat Skill (COM)
This refers to your character's fighting ability. The examples given are guidelines, and martial arts can mean any form of trained fighting or equivalent untrained fighting ability.
- Poor- No combat training or ability to fight.
- Typical - Most individuals with little to no actual combat training.
- Good - Minimal training in combat or some natural talent to fight.
- Excellent - Formal training in fighting techniques. Most soldiers and agents in agencies like UNTIL, VIPER, etc. fall here.
- Remarkable - High level of proficiency in some combat forms.
- Fantastic - Mastery over one or two forms of combat and high proficiency in several others.
- Incredible - Mastery over several forms of combat. May have a few chi abilities.
- Amazing - Mastery over most forms of combat on Earth - even those thought lost to time. May have several chi abilities.
- Monstrous - You possess mastery over all earthly forms of combat and have full access to your chi.
- Unearthly - You have mastered all combat forms on this planet and even beyond. Can use chi in a universal way.
This determines your overall protection from damage. This includes natural or man made armor (excluding force fields).
- Poor - Reduced durability or physically impaired in some manner.
- Typical - Standard human in everyday clothes.
- Good - Some light padding or heavier clothing. Leather of hide protection.
- Excellent -Your skin or armor will provide some defense against small caliber bullets, knives and other damage.
- Remarkable - You are bulletproof, resistant to normal blades and up to small explosives like hand grenades.
- Fantastic - You can withstand some lower end explosives and small energy weapons may only bruise.
- Incredible - Higher grade energy weapons and such will hardly touch you. Can possibly withstand medium grade explosives.
- Amazing - High level tech or major explosives will prove difficult to breach your defenses.
- Monstrous - Most items are impervious to your armor/ skin. Can survive a nuclear explosion at ground zero.
- Unearthly - A level of cosmic durability not found on this plane.
This notes your characters overall movement. May come from running, flight or other forms of travel.
- Poor - Your movement is impaired in some form or fashion.
- Typical - You move at the speed of an average human.
- Good - You move up to Olympic level speed (up to 30 mph)
- Excellent - You move faster than a regular human (up to 100 mph).
- Remarkable -You move up to transonic speeds (up to 768 mph).
- Fantastic - You can move up to supersonic speeds (up to Mach 5).
- Incredible - You can move up to hypersonic speeds (up to Mach 10).
- Amazing - You can reach up to orbital velocity (up to Mach 33)
- Monstrous - You can reach up to the speed of light (186,000 miles per second)
- Unearthly - Warp speed; you actually transcend light speed/ instantaneous ability to travel.
This is a measure of a person's flexibility, coordination and overall reflexes.
- Poor - Uncoordinated or impaired in some fashion.
- Typical - You have normal balance and jumping capabilities for an average healthy human being.
- Good - A natural ability or very minor training. Fairly coordinated.
- Excellent - You can perform gymnastic stunts. Can dodge a few oncoming attacks.
- Remarkable - Olympic level caliber skills. Can dodge some oncoming attacks. Maximum human ability.
- Fantastic - Inhuman level of ability. Can dodge most attacks
- Incredible - Inhuman level of ability with intensive training. Can dodge the majority of oncoming attacks.
- Amazing - Super human level of ability with training. Will hardly be touched in combat.
- Monstrous - A very high level super human ability with intensive training. Next to impossible to touch.
- Unearthly - Cosmic entities with superhuman training or abilities. Absolutely impossible to touch.
This measures general hand-eye coordination in using things like energy projection, firearms, thrown weaponry and the like.
- Poor - You are extremely uncoordinated or impaired in some way.
- Typical - Someone with little to no experience. Might hit something close by if taking the time to target.
- Good - You can hit targets with time to aim properly.
- Excellent - You have training or natural ability to hit moving targets.
- Remarkable - Olympic champions and record holders are here. Maximum human ability.
- Fantastic - You have inhuman hand eye coordination, allowing you to target things most eyes can't even see.
- Incredible - You have inhuman level abilities with a high degree of training. You can perform complex attacks and maneuvers.
- Amazing - You have super human powers and/or abilities alongside training. It is exceptionally rare to miss a shot.
- Monstrous - A very high super human level of ability with intensive training. You are not known to miss.
- Unearthly - Cosmic entities with access to a target and a weapon or ability to reach it can hit it.
This is a gauge by how others perceive a person or their general influence to others.
- Poor - Zero social skills.
- Typical - Average social skills. One of the crowd.
- Good - You tend to engage others in social situations. Outgoing.
- Excellent - You can easily sway friends and acquaintances with your words.
- Remarkable - A minor public speaker, politician or religious figure.
- Fantastic - A leader. You can influence others with your words and natural charisma.
- Incredible - A natural born leader whose words can influence an entire state.
- Amazing - Someone whose words can influence an entire country.
- Monstrous - A minor deity of sorts or someone who can influence an entire planet.
- Unearthly - Someone who possesses the power/ influence of a major deity.
This details the level of weaponry or offense technology you use, be it guns, power armor or whatever.
- Poor - Carry no weapons on you.
- Typical - Small items. Regular brass knuckles, small knives and other mundane instruments fall into this category.
- Good - Small caliber handguns, martial arts weaponry and standard bolts/ arrows
- Excellent - High caliber weaponry and arrows/ bolts made of upgraded materials.
- Remarkable - Light energy weapons such as pistols. Kendrium weaponry.
- Fantastic - Medium level energy weapons. Small explosives. Questionite weaponry.
- Incredible - High level energy weapons. Missiles and large explosives.
- Amazing - Large scale destructive items that could potentially level a city block.
- Monstrous - Nuclear or Thermonuclear bombs or equally-powered weapons that could level an entire city.
- Unearthly - World devastating weapons and devices.
The level of skill that your character wields in the arcane arts.
- Poor - Zero ability and even highly susceptible to magical effects.
- Typical - Most humans with no magical ability and standard magical defenses.
- Good - The ability to perform minor spells, rituals and/ or cantrips. Novice.
- Excellent - You have a decent grasp to perform a variety of magical effects.
- Remarkable - You are well versed in several fields of magic. Can understand several rituals.
- Fantastic - You have mastered one or two fields of magic. You have a high level understanding of rituals and magic.
- Incredible - You have mastered several fields of magic and can perform complex rituals.
- Amazing - Extensive mastery in fields of magic and knowledge of rituals thought lost to time.
- Monstrous - Someone whose skill level is on par to what would be the Trismegistus Council's Archmage.
- Unearthly - You are a cosmic being composed of actual magic.
Energy Projection/Manipulation (ENE)
The ability to project one or more forms of energy form your body, such as fire, sonic manipulation, electricity, etc.
- Poor - No innate abilities and highly susceptible to energy effects.
- Typical - Most humans with no ability to project energy.
- Good - Energy projection with little damage output (ie a small shock or bonfire).
- Excellent - Energy projection at some damage output (ie a taser like effect or small fireball).
- Remarkable - Energy projection with moderate damage output
- Fantastic - Energy projection with high level damage (ie a lightning bolt)
- Incredible - Very high energy projection which could destroy a structure such as a building.
- Amazing - Immense energy projection abilities that could level a city block.
- Monstrous - Energy projection powers which could level a city.
- Unearthly - You control vast energy manipulation powers which cannot be registered by normal means.
This is the level of ability and training in mental powers such as telekinesis, telepathy and the like.
- Poor - You not only lack mental powers, your mind either does not exist or is undetectable.
- Typical - You have no degree of telepathic or empathic ability. Most baseline humans.
- Good - You have minor telepathic or telekinetic prowess. Read some thoughts or lift minor items to around 400 lbs with your mind.
- Excellent - You can read thoughts within eyesight or lift up to 800 lbs.
- Remarkable - You can read someone's thoughts from a short distance and/ or lift heavy items up to 10 tons.
- Fantastic - At a short range you can possibly dominate someone's mind and/ or lift up to 50 tons.
- Incredible - At a medium range you can possibly dominate someone's mind and/ or can lift up to 100 tons.
- Amazing - At a far distance you can possibly dominate a person's mind and/or can lift up to 500 tons with telekinesis.
- Monstrous - Can dominate most minds across the planet, even those with great willpower. It is possible to be able to lift up to 1000 tons with your mind.
- Unearthly - You can do all of the above possibly at any distance. Able to move planets with your mind.
Your character's fame / how widely known your character would be.
- Feeble - Completely unknown. Could also be a person who works exclusively in a covert fashion.
- Typical - Few know of you, if any.
- Good - A not well established hero or a novice.
- Excellent - You are known by others within your neighborhood.
- Remarkable - You are known throughout the city by reputation.
- Fantastic - You are known throughout the state you reside in for your exploits.
- Incredible - You are a well recognized hero/ine within your country.
- Amazing - Your reputation/ name is known throughout the world.
- Monstrous - People know who you are even on planets aside from Earth.
- Unearthly - Your name is known through the cosmos.
ProtectorsBox Code (Copy/Paste Onto PDB Page)
| header = #FFFFFF
| font1 = #FFCC00
| font2 = #fff
| bg1 = #001111
| bg2 = #116666
| bg3 = #000000
| cell1 = #116666
| cell2 = #071C1D
| cell3 =#116666
| title =
| name =
| supergroup =
| otheraff =
| formert =
| image =
| motto =
| player =
| realname =
| alias =
| gender =
| species =
| birthdate =
| birthplace =
| location =
| relatives =
| age =
| height =
| weight =
| eyes =
| hair =
| complexion =
| build =
| features =
| citizen =
| marital =
| occupation =
| education =
| fame =
| powers =
| strength =
| durability =
| speed =
| agility =
| dexterity =
| charisma =
| weaponry =
| sorcery =
| energy =
| psionics =
<!--| boxalign = right --><!-- remove comment tags to align box to the right of page -->