Weston Airthorne, airship captain and knight of the summer court, is a mentor at Halcyon Academy.
Weston Airthorne, Seelie knight and captain of the West Wind, after long and dutiful service to the summer realm, has voyaged here from Arcadia in search of adventure.
When a giant friggin' airship appeared unannounced over Millennium City, several superheroes and a squadron of jet fighters were dispatched to the skies to deal with it. Captain Airthorne dueled with them just for the sport of it, then invited them aboard for tea and explained that he was here as an ambassador from the summerlands, to lend his sword and ship in service to humankind. His erstwhile foes quickly forgave him for the earlier misunderstanding. He's quite winning in that way.
To help facilitate his acclimation into a society that, frankly, may not be entirely prepared for him, he has signed on as a mentor at Halcyon Academy, where he hopes to inspire a new generation of fledgling heroes to greater heights of adventure.
Nature and abilities
As a fae, Weston leads a charmed life, not to mention an ageless and immortal one (though cold iron poses a problem). As a sylph (i.e., a wind elemental), he is capable of some flight and weather control, as well as the ability to transform into a gust of wind. He is also capable of "glamouring" himself to look human, hiding the wings and ears, though he rarely does this.
Being a knight of the Seelie court, he is quite handy with a blade, and his skills at aerial sailing have often led him to serve the summer realm both on military campaigns and as a privateer of the skies ("pirate" is too gauche), though he's found plenty of adventure in other pursuits as well.
The Seelie Court
- knight of the summer realm
- Heroic Grandstanding – Being a hero isn't just about doing good, it's about doing good well. This class teaches skills in dramatic entrances, daring rescues, last-minute escapes, and timely, well-turned quips.
- High Adventure – In this field class, Captain Airthorne takes students for voyages aboard his airship the West Wind, with the explicit goal of seeing how much trouble they can get themselves into.
- Swashbuckling – Fencing, acrobatics, and the swashing of buckles. Advanced classes include the buckling of swashes.
- La Belle Dame sans Merci - The same one from the poem and all the paintings. She has a habit of seducing mortal men to their deaths, only to keep their pale ghosts about as her thralls. Weston once liberated several of these poor souls from her captivity, and she has lately followed him to this realm from Arcadia, perhaps for revenge. Though most infamous for her deadly charms, she is just as accomplished (and as lethal) a fencer.
- Captain Airthorne possesses the favor of the Lady of the Lake, a gift she gave him in return for him once serving as her champion. Wearing this scarf of glittering white samite on his arm allows him to breathe underwater.