Leuka out near a pretty fountain.
· Other Affiliations ·
Vetr Lilja, Leuce, Lucky
Far in the past
· Known Relatives ·
Oceanus (father), Tethys (mother), many nymph sisters
Appears in early twenties
· Distinguishing Features ·
Ancient woad tattoos
Powers & Abilities
· Known Powers ·
Ice, Snow, Primal Sorcery
· Equipment ·
Elven-steel Norse armor
· Other Abilities ·
The Nymph's Reply to the Shepherd
If all the world and love were young,
And truth in every shepherd's tongue,
These pretty pleasures might me move
To live with thee and be thy love.
Time drives the flocks from field to fold,
When rivers rage and rocks grow cold,
And Philomel becometh dumb;
The rest complains of cares to come.
The flowers do fade, and wanton fields
To wayward winter reckoning yields;
A honey tongue, a heart of gall,
Is fancy's spring, but sorrow's fall.
Thy gowns, thy shoes, thy beds of roses,
Thy cap, thy kirtle, and thy posies
Soon break, soon wither, soon forgotten,--
In folly ripe, in reason rotten.
Thy belt of straw and ivy buds,
The coral clasps and amber studs,
All these in me no means can move
To come to thee and be thy love.
But could youth last and love still breed,
Had joys no date nor age no need,
Then these delights my mind might move
To live with thee and be thy love.
by Sir Walter Raleigh
Leuka at her alchemy bench
There was an age when capricious gods roamed Earth. A couple of older deities known now as Oceanus and his consort Tethys lived about the seas and byways of the land, letting the other gods do as they please. From time immemorial, Oceanus and Tethys begat several thousand sons and daughters, known as nymphs or Oceanids after their father. Each child took up the mantle of taking care of a place along a coast, river, sea, pasture or lake and preserving it for future generations. When a war erupted between Titans and Olympians, Oceanus and Tethys stayed out of the conflict and were spared the fate that befell many of the Titans.
Many of the nymphs slumbered on and off through the centuries, hibernating and protecting their small areas, tending to the trees and grasses, speaking with the animals of the area and of course, dancing and singing. One nymph, named Leuka, was set in charge near a coast in Scandinavia along the Baltic Sea. The land was cold and mostly barren back then, so like many of her kind, she journeyed often to Greece and around Europe, mingling with other nymphs, satyrs and fantastic creatures. It was around the 9th century BC, that she did much of her European travels and wined and enjoyed the culture of the land, while returning to her lonely, yet beautiful domain.
She was blessed to meet many friends and budding alchemists in the Greek culture about this time and helped share her own primal magic with other Greek women, while learning of their own multicultural magic. It was a time of heroes, a time of renewal and freshness in early western civilization, and Leuka was fascinated by humanity. During the 6th century, she spent several years in Aphrodite's retinue, getting to meet many other nymphs and travel about inspiring love and admiring beauty throughout Greece and the land. It was a very happy time for her as she got to learn so much from her other sister nymphs and from Aphrodite herself.
After the death of Alexander the Great and the absorption of Greece into the Roman Empire in the 4th century BC, Leuka returned to her homeland far in the north and tended to her quiet lands before eventually falling into hibernation for many centuries.
Her lands remained largely pristine and lovely when Leuka reawakened in the 10th century AD. Her land was slightly different now and there were indeed small villages and new places in her area up north. It was the early time of vikings and the Norse pantheon had taken domain in Scandinavia. Little Leuka began to receive visitors to her area and she spent much time seducing young viking men and women, learning their culture and language and enjoying their company. It was an age of legends, and it was during this time she was given the Norse name for "Winter Lily" by the villagers nearby -- (Vetr Lilja).
In the 11th century she gradually began to meet more of the Norse pantheon. She made herself known to the jötunn goddess Gerðr and served on her retinue for some time. It was then that she got to visit Álfheimr and Jötunheimr, mingling with the elves and giants and making many friends. Several elves valued her friendship and few smiths fashioned her a decorative yet lovely elven-steel Norse armor for her to wear in her domain. It was so beautiful and she was always so proud of her elven and giant friends.
She spent much time also among the villagers, learning hearth-magic, trading spells and learning with druids and other witches about Scandinavia and northern Europe. She reconnected with many of her nymph friends and danced and sang in love. The land and people were so beautiful yet times always change. After a battle near her glade in the 14th century, Leuka drifted to sleep again.
Three years ago, Leuka reawakened to a much changed landscape. The voices of many of her sister nymphs were suddenly silent. Scared, she traveled about to see what was up. She discovered pollution, and oil and large machines spewing smoke. Horrified, Leuka tried to figure out was going on. She learned all she could from some compassionate villagers who stumbled into her area. She began to research the history and study the new Swedish, English, German and Danish languages about her area so she could communicate better. She learned that many of her sisters had died from pollutions and deforestation. Troubled by these events, she heard about Millennium City as a place of heroes of a new age that might be able to help her in her search to find other sisters and stop pollution.
Leuka flies over Canada wearing her Ultimate Guardians colors
When she arrived in Millennium City, she was taken aback by the noise and enormity of the city. She had never seen such magically tall buildings and structures. It was all so huge and lovely in its own way. She began to try to meet others and eventually discovered another nymph, a lava nymph named Inferia. Inferia told her much of the history and how many sisters had been lost to pollution over the years. Lifted by the hope of other sisters still alive, she began to try to find help.
It was then that she met a beautiful being named Land Hunter who was singing a dirge of a song in the waterways outside Millennium City. The two connected and she discovered she was the last guardian of her own people and had joined a team of helpful friends named The Ultimate Guardians. She was invited to sign up and meet the group of individuals and has recently joined their ranks after meeting Nocran and Tessi Midori, two Cryons from the planet Cryona who also had experienced a heartbreaking loss of their homelands.
She now hopes to help her new friends as part of their retinue and to hopefully seek aid in stopping some of the horrible pollution threatening her home and those of other nymphs.
As a nymph, Winter Lily is naturally outgoing, precocious, capricious and full of curiosity and love. She views people as individuals to be trusted and always honors her word. Much of her curiosity stems from the amazing changes in technology that have taken place over the past centuries. She marvels at the new things that there are and finds them quite magical.
- Love Goddess* (Trope) - She's been around so much and one of her duties is to love and seduce men or women who come into her domain. She is quite happy to share herself and learn more about others.
Abilities and Powers
Leuka in her elven-chain Norse armor
- Primal Sorcery - Leuka has very extensive knowledge of nature magic and druidism. She has been practicing her magic for centuries to the point where much if it almost comes natural to her anymore. Much of her abilities are not offensive, but rather for protection.
- Bear Companions - Winter Lily loves bears! They are adorable and fluffy and she has an innate affinity for them. Like a bear, she hibernates often as well and often hibernates with other bears during their seasons. Leuka has several companion bears that she can count on including two polar bears, an ancient arctic bear, and a mystical dire polar bear. When not adventuring, her bears are usually resting in the comfort of her sanctum.
- Ice and Snow - As a winter nymph, Leuka has access to summoning snow storms and creating ice.
- Cyclone Flight - One of the old legends was that if you saw a tornado or cyclone, it heralded the appearance of a nymph. This is partially true, as nymphs use wind to travel great distances. Leuka can summon the natural forces to swirl about her and help her travel fast to where she wants to go.
- Healing - Leuka has the ability to help heal others or herself, using the gifts of love and caring provided to her over time with training and magic.
- Alchemy - Leuka is well versed in home remedies, philters, elixirs and potions of most sorts. She has an alchemical lab that can combine herbs to create all kinds of concoctions.
- Song & Dance - Nearly all nymphs are very good at dancing and singing. Leuka knows many of the old Norse and Ancient Greek ditties and ballads.
Winter Lily gets introduced to the Ultimate Guardians
Leuka doesn't have too many friends just yet, but she is developing relationships in The Ultimate Guardians and hopes to get to know them all better.
- Inferia - A lava nymph and one of the first people she met in city. She's a kind nymph who helped Leuka figure out what happened to the other nymphs.
- Wraith & Scar - A superheroic couple who have a cute daughter. Leuka was recently involved in helping find an injured Wraith as he and his daughter Rea were abducted in the city.
- Priss = Another nymph that she has met. She is hoping to share some adventurers with her.
- Land Hunter - A beautiful yet forlorn alien from another world, who misses her friends and family. Land Hunter has an amazing voice and song and Leuka loves to duet with her.
- Grant Mayson - Another member of the Guardians. He's a kind large man with molten skin. Grant seems unhappy with his new situation and Leuka has promised to help him out.
- Relampago - Antonio is a magician of sorts. Very nice guy! He appears to be dating Scarlett lately!
- Alexxia Moon & Daemi - A woman in the Guardians who is quite sweet and mystical. Her partner Daemi is a very kind demon.
- Newt - A young Atlantean that Leuka has recently met. She's pretty cute!
- Friendly Fire - One of the attractive leaders of the Guardians. Leuka finds her to be an amazing leader and strong personality.
- Kitsune Cowboy - Billy is a great guy! He's one of the more outgoing and humorous members of the Guardians that she's met.
- Virginia Bennett & Sparrow - An adorable couple she has met often. The pair seem like they are really in love with one another
- Bittersweet - A beautiful and sweet masseuse who is quite talented and a friend of Alexxia.
- Sprocket - Scarlett is another sweetheart in the group. She may be going out with Relampago.
- Invici Gal - Leslie is another close friend of Alexxia's and also newer to the Guardians as well.
- Real Soviet Damage & Spectra - She's recently met these two as she was invited over for a housewarming with them. Sascha is an amazing fellow from the planet Soviet and she hopes to have adventures with him in the future.
- Sapphyre - Taryn is one of her newer friends and she gets along with her quite well.
- Mordor & Moonbeam - Another wonderful couple that she is getting to know.
- Hocus Pocus - Hokey is a cute fae girl that she finds absolutely adorable!
Do you know Leuka? Feel free to leave comments here:
"She was very.... small." - Madgod Matthias
"Ah dinnae ken the wee Nymph-lassie that well yet, but aye, she seems a sweetheart all right. Jist adorable." - Amadhan
"As pretty as can be, and so tiny and lovely." - Robert Farnsworth