The author of this article has marked this as a creative work, and would prefer that other users not edit it. Please respect this, and unless repairing a typo, spelling, or other minor technical error, think of this page as read-only.
Powers & Abilities
Lya has the ability to control and manipulate her blood or that of other people. She can use the blood in a number of ways:
- Animate blood in various shapes, often in a humanoid shape or as a pesudopod
- Make her own blood highly caustic to the touch
- Drain blood from others to accelerate her own healing
- Crystalize blood to form various bladed weapons
- Create a shield of blood to absorb incoming attacks
- Bloodport - By using others blood, Lya is able to jump short distances through blood
- Raise or lower oxygen carried in a persons blood. Lya has used this ability in the past to knock out an opponent
- Create boiling wings of blood
- Create blood armor to protect herself
Lya exhibits an advanced level of regenerative abilities--most injuries heal in a matter of moments. Bullets and other foreign objects are pushed out of the body during the healing process. It has been recorded that Lya is able to regrow limbs, but this taxes her regenerative ability and can take several days for it to regrow.
Due to her regeneration, she has a high resistance to all mundane diseases and viruses this resistance also applys to poisons. It must be noted though that mystical diseases or poisons cut through this resistance. When severely injured, her regenerative abilities will place her in a coma-like state this is often acompanied by her blood forming a crystalized cacoon around her. In this state she is vulnerable to attack.
Lya's sight allows her to see in low light conditions. She is also able to see the flow of blood in a living being. This allows her to detect living and vampiric beings in pitch black environments.
Lya's sense of smell is tuned to detect blood. She has shown that she can track an individual using this sense across the city.
Due to how Lya's blood manipulation works, she struggles to combat robots due to them having no blood that she can use in the conflict. This often leads Lya to avoid extended fights with robotic foes.
These substances prevent Lya from using her blood manipulation abilites and also severely hamper her regenerative abilities. To date, only one villain has used Anticoagulant ammunition against her.
Lya's temper often get the better of her. During her rages, she often makes foolish decisions and takes unnecessary risks. She is often easy to goad into rash actions.
Lya has little defence against psychic assaults or domination. This leaves her open to such attacks. The only defence she employs against an obvious attack is a memory trap. By using her past experiences of severe injuries, she will project that to the attacker in the hope of repelling them.
- Due to Lya's regenerative abilites, she is unable to get drunk. At most she will get tipsy.
- Lya is bisexual, but does not like to talk about. She will often ignore questions about her sexuality. In many ways she is very insecure about it.
- Due to her prior gang life, Lya has fair skills in hand-to-hand fighting. Her style is a mix of bare knuckle brawling, escrima, and wrestling.
- Lya is well known in the local street racing circuit. Her '97 Toyota Supra is a common sight at these races.
- Lya cannot resist pushing buttons of any sort . She is often unaware that she is doing this.
- Lya is a follower of Santa Muerte and takes her faith very seriously. She celebrates the Day of the Dead each year in remembrance of her mother.
"Lya's a good girl. She is my new main source of Daemi gossip! *laughs*" - Aleste
"Awww Lya is pwetty cool. You know she has this big wed form?! AND FLAPPY WED WINGS! Is that cool or what?! She is nice too!" - Chocolate Chip Chelsea
"A promising young mutant, powerful too. Pity her time in VIPER didn't last long." - Ebony Tarantula